top of page
STEVEN IVY P.C. Illinois law firm offering business law, real estate law, patent law, trademark law, copyright law, trade secrets, mediation, arbitration, contract law, immigration law, employment law, import law, export law, commercial real estate.

Addressing Business Immigration Needs

Today, as more and more businesses expand their operations globally, the need to employ foreign personnel is greater than ever before. Many businesses rely entirely on foreign workforce to accommodate their production needs. Others, look for foreign nationals to supplement their engineering talent. If your business depends on foreign personnel, contact STEVEN IVY P.C., we specialize in business immigration issues. Regardless of the complexity level of your immigration needs, we are confident in our ability to help.


Professional Service

The hallmark of our practice is professional service. We work closely with our clients to ensure that their interests are properly protected. STEVEN IVY P.C. is servicing clients in several Illinois counties, including: Cook County, Lake County, DuPage County, Kane County, DeKalb County, Will County, McHenry County and Kendall County. Our clients can meet with us in eight Illinois locations, including: Chicago, Lisle, Northbrook, Oak Brook, Rosemont, Saint Charles, Schaumburg, and Warrenville.


Immigration Law

...Business Visas & Permanent Residency

Four Distinct Immigration Categories

The firm, in association with attorneys and consultants abroad, is able to provide immigration services on an international scale. For simplicity reasons, we have divided our immigration services into four categories: 1) Temporary, focusing on temporary personal or business-related visits to the U.S.A.; 2) Green Card, focusing on permanent residency in the U.S.A., for personal and work-related reasons; 3) Miscellaneous Immigration Issues designed to handle challenges and hearings in front of various U.S.A. governing agencies; 4) International,  focusing on all immigration matters not subject to U.S.A. immigration laws. Two of those categories are outlined below.


Green Card

Foreign citizens must be sponsored to be eligible to apply for an immigrant visa (Green Card) to the United States. The sponsorship may be provided by several sources. STEVEN IVY P.C. specializes in the process of preparing and obtaining permanent residency in the U.S.A. Accordingly, our law firm assists clients in obtaining permanent residency, which could be sponsored in the following manner:

1) Family Sponsored Green Card

            Family Immigration

            Marriage to a Foreign National

            Adopting a Child

2) Private Employer & Investor Sponsored Green Card

            Employment Visas

            Investor Visas

3) Government Employment Sponsored Green Card

            Iraqi or Afghan Translators/Interpreters

            Iraqis - Worked for/on behalf of U.S.A. Government

            Afghans - Worked for/on behalf of U.S.A. Government

            Religious Workers

4) Government Sponsored Green Card

            Diversity Visa Program (known as the lottery)

            Refugee and Asylee


Comprehensive Immigration Practice

STEVEN IVY P.C. partners with companies of all sizes, providing them with comprehensive business immigration services. From small, routine administrative immigration issues, to the most complex immigration matters, our firm manages these cases efficiently and in timely manner. We handle a wide range of immigration matters, including business visitors visas, workers visas, NAFTA professional visas and permanent residency sponsored by private employers. The firm services small and large businesses in the areas of construction, agriculture, education, consumer goods, retail, health, entertainment, information technology, shipping, and many others.


Temporary - Business Travel (Visa B-1)

If the purpose for your travel is to consult with business associates, travel for a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, or conference on specific dates, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract, then a business visitor visa (B-1) would be the appropriate type of visa for your travel. The initial period of stay is limited to 1-6 months, which could be extended up to 12 months.


Temporary - Tourist & Medical Visits (Visa B-2)

If the purpose of your travel is tourism, vacation (holiday) or medical treatment, then a visitor visa (B-2) would be the appropriate type of visa for your travel. Additionally, if you will participate in an amateur sporting or musical event (unpaid), or while in the U.S.A. you want to take a short course of study (less than 18 hours per week- not toward degree), for this purpose you may also use the B-2 visitor visa.


Temporary - Work Visit (Visas H,L,O,P and Q)

If you want to work in the U.S.A. temporarily, under immigration law, you need a specific visa based on the purpose of your travel and type of work you will be doing. There are various classifications of nonimmigrant visas for a person who wishes to work temporarily in the U.S.A.


Temporary - Student Visit (Visas F,M and J)

If you plan on attending a school in the U.S.A. and your course of study is 18 hours or more a week, or if you will be attending seminars, or a program of study for academic credit then you will need a student visa. Technically, there are three types of student visas: F and M, are student visas used when applying to state colleges, private collages or trade schools. F-1, is a student visa used when applying to public high schools, specifically grades 9-12. J-1, is a students visa used when applying to the U.S.A. government sponsored exchange programs.


Temporary - Exchange Visit (Visa J-1)

This visa category is designed for applicants planning to participate in programs approved by the U.S.A. Department of State to teach, study, research, demonstrate special skills, receive training, or to participate in a program to receive a graduate medical education. STEVEN IVY P.C. handles all available categories of exchange visas, from government visitor, trainee, intern, summer worker to specialists and physician.


Temporary - NAFTA Workers (Visa TN)

The nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to work in the U.S.A. in a prearranged business activity for a U.S.A. or foreign employer. However, there are certain requirements that each professional must fulfill to obtain a TN visa.

bottom of page